Strawberries also are tasty in food and strawberry flavor is additionally given in many ice creams. Strawberry fruit is extremely soft and really tasty. it’s a fruit grown in cold areas, but today it is often planted in any area with the assistance of the many technical facilities. Strawberry cultivation has been included in profitable fields today. this is often farming through with and without the assistance of Polly House. Today, during this article, we’ll teach you ways to cultivate strawberries, what proportion it can cost, and the way to earn take advantage of them. That is, we are getting to include all the knowledge associated with strawberry cultivation during this article. in order that you are doing not have any quite confusion. Let’s read what’s strawberries and the way to cultivate them.
Information about strawberries
Before knowing about strawberry cultivation, we’d like to understand what percentage varieties are present and what’s the simplest variety. If we mention sorts of strawberries, 600 species are identified thus far. But the species used mainly for farming are few. Whom we are talking about.
Species of strawberry
Here we are getting to mention 4 main species of strawberries, this species you’ll use within the fields. If you’re brooding about cultivating strawberries, then you’ll plant anybody of those species in your field. These species are as follows –
- Camrose – it’s a spread made in California, it’s one among the very quick-growing strawberry species. Its fruits are very solid and really good in taste. Plants of this species live for an extended time.
- Oso Grand – this is often also a spread made in California, its fruits are quite large but these fruits don’t serve long. But if you would like more fruit during a short time, then you’ll plant this sort of strawberry plant.
- Ophra – this is often a spread made in Israel, you’ll cultivate it before time, that is, it’s an early cultivator. Its fruits and aroma are fantastic.
- Chandler – If you would like very sweet and good fruit, then find strawberry plants of this species. These plants are immune to disease and are rich in long-lasting fruit-bearing plants. Plants of this species are the foremost grown in California.
How to cultivate strawberries in India
Strawberries are cultivated mainly in cold areas like Himachal. But today’s time and technology have changed tons, now you’ll cultivate it in any area of India. Yes, to cultivate strawberries, you’ve got to figure hard and look out for the many things. Otherwise, this business can become risky for you. Next, we are getting to tell you what we’d like to try to to to cultivate strawberries.
Get farm soil tested
To cultivate strawberries, it’s best to urge your farm soil tested because we should always know whether the plants we are bringing for planting are going to be planted in your field or not. For this, you’ll need to contact the soil testers and obtain the soil your field-tested. it’s vital to possess a temperature of 18 to 30 for cultivating strawberries.
Soils with pH 5.0 to PH 6.5 are considered good for strawberry cultivation, if the soil of your farm completes its test then you’ll easily grow strawberries. With this, if the sector has loamy loam soil, then the yield of strawberries in your field will double.
How much does strawberry farming cost and the way much is that the profit
If we mention what proportion it’ll cost to grow strawberries, then altogether , an acre can cost you three to four lakh rupees. It also includes plant rates, irrigation, poly houses, and pesticides. If you cultivate it in one acre, you’ll get a yield of up to fifteen lakh rupees from it.
Where am i able to buy strawberry plants?
You can easily find strawberry plants in India in Himachal, Uttarakhand, and Punjab.
When should we plant strawberries?
If you would like to cultivate strawberries, then you’ll plant strawberry plants in your field from September 10 to October 15. this is often the right time to plant strawberries.
Preparation within the field before planting strawberry plant
Before planting strawberry plants within the field, you’ve got to organize your farm this way –
- In the first week of September, plowing should be done well 3 times within the field.
- If there’s an acre of field, then 75 tonnes of well rotten manure should be added thereto.
- Potash and phosphorus are often mixed consistently with the soil.
What should be the world within the field for the cultivation of strawberries
- Should be raised 25 – 30 centimeters high from the bottom.
- Their width should be 100 to 130 cm.
- There should be a niche of 40 to 60 centimeters between the 2 beds.
- Proper place should be made for installing drip irrigation equipment. Advertisement
How to irrigate strawberries
If you’ve got planted strawberry plants and you’re not irrigating them properly then you’ll need to face trouble. Therefore, you ought to irrigate the proper method of irrigation during this way –
- Irrigation should be done immediately after planting the plant.
- Irrigation should be done from time to time keeping in mind the moisture.
- When strawberry fruits start coming, then irrigate with the assistance of micro-fountains.
- When the fruit comes, use the drip irrigation method.
How to protect strawberry plants from diseases
Strawberries can cause many diseases like – leaf flattening, crispy mildew, blight , and rot. Therefore, after identifying the disease correctly, spray the insecticide with the recommendation of agricultural scientists.
How to protect strawberry plants from winter if there’s no Polly house
As we’ve mentioned above, strawberries also can be cultivated without Polly house and without Polly house. If the Polly home is already built then there’s little chance of the plants getting cold i.e. frost. But if it’s not there, then to avoid frost, you ought to use a plastic low tunnel. The plastic should be transparent and will be 100 to 200 microns.
How much does the govt help with strawberry cultivation
As of today, the Indian government is encouraging farmers to require forward agriculture. If you cultivate strawberries, you’ll get information by getting to the Department of Agriculture of your state. In most the states, the govt gives a grant of 40 to 60 percent. Contact the Department of Agriculture for more information.
When do you have to chop strawberry fruit?
The Strawberry plant gives fruit continuously for 6-7 months. you’ll get around 700 to 800 grams of strawberries from a plant in one season. Now, let’s mention what’s the proper method to interrupt it
- You can break the fruit when the fruit starts to show completely red.
- If you send it too far, it is often broken even before it becomes red.
- If you break the red fruit completely, it’ll be excellent for you, but it ends very soon after becoming completely red.
- Do not break fruit together.
- The fruit branch should be cut, don’t forget to touch the fruit.
How should the packing of strawberry fruit be
To keep strawberries properly, you ought to pack them on a plastic plate. they ought to even have holes to let air in them. in order that the temperature are often controlled. If you’re storing strawberries together, then at some point you’ve got to stay the temperature at 5 ° C and at some point at 0 ° C.
Where and the way we will sell strawberry fruit and at what price
Every year, the costs of strawberries are increasing monthly, earlier they were sold at the speed of 200 rupees kg but now it’s increased to 600 rupees. But if you’re doing farming, then you’ll easily sell them for up to 300 rupees.
You do not got to find buyers. As soon because the fruits start, you’ll even have buyers. If buyers don’t come, then you’ll easily sell them in your local market. it’s a highly sold fruit and its health benefits also are very high.
How much risk is there in strawberry farming
There is definitely risk in any business, but if I mention what proportion risk is there in strawberry farming, then it depends on you ways you’ll do that farming. If you would like to try to do this farming at low risk, then you’ll take the assistance of the govt. Because many sorts of insurance etc. are going to be given to you by the Department of Agriculture. If you’ll take advantage of this, then you’ll earn 12 to fifteen lakhs by applying only 3 to five lakh rupees.
If you would like to form farming your business, then you want to do strawberry farming. we’ve given information about how this farming is completed here during this article. If you would like any longer information associated with this farming, then you’ll comment here.